Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Shining Hope Farms. We host both individual volunteers weekly that help us daily in our programs and in the barn as well as one-time group workdays.
Individual Weekly Volunteers
The inspirational dedication and devotion of our Shining Hope Farms volunteers enable us to deliver our mission every day—and we are grateful for each and every one of our volunteers who selflessly offer their service to support our therapeutic riding program. Our program offers numerous ways that you can help.
- All volunteers must have health insurance
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age
- Most volunteer opportunities are during normal business hours. Please contact us to inquire about our current schedule.
What can I do as a volunteer?
- Sessions - You can be an active part of our lesson or hippotherapy program and be ‘hands on’ with our courageous students as a side walker or horse leader.
- Stable Work - You can help us care for our hard working horses and our facility as a stable volunteer.
- Special Events - If special events are your forte, you can help us in the planning, preparation and execution of our fundraising events held throughout the year.
It is an extremely rewarding experience to work with our riders. Some individuals Volunteer to meet community service requirements for school, while others want gain horse experience, socialize with new-found friends, or simply for the fulfillment of helping others. No matter what volunteer activity you wish to pursue, Shining Hope Farms provides a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends, learn more about our program and horses, be active in the community and make an unforgettable difference in the lives of others.
Please contact our volunteer coordinator Jessamyn Farrell at email@example.com to register for the next volunteer training session.
Community Service Group Workdays
Interested in having us host your group for a community service day at one of our farms? We would love to have you!
While we love our workday opportunities they can also be a burden financially to host as they involve the cost of 1) staff time to plan as well as lead the workday day of 2) project materials and 3) providing snacks and water for volunteers among others. Due to this, we ask that our volunteer groups consider making a donation to offset these costs to host you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in scheduling a day and let us know in your email the following information:
- The name of your group
- How many individuals will be attending
- When you are looking to schedule the work day
- Any other details you think are relevant