After almost 3 months of weekly occupational therapy sessions, Shining Hope Farms’ patient Brie, with continual encouragement from family and her therapy team, found the courage to overcome her biggest fear and pet her horse Desmond for the first time last week! Brie has determination and joy that is contagious. Through her time at Shining Hope Farms, she has shown progression in so many areas. We knew it was only a matter of time before she would overcome her biggest fear here at the farm! We are happy to report that Brie’s favorite animal is now a horse and she looks forward to riding Desmond every week. It is amazing to see the progress that clients make at Shining Hope thanks to their hard work, the therapy team’s dedication, the hippotherapy treatment strategy, and your support!
- Gary, a Navy Veteran with dementia, was found, lost, and found again at Shining Hope Farms.
- Grant from Lincoln County Community Foundation to Support Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies
- Shining Hope Farms 5k/10k Salute Trail Run
- Another Successful Love Week in the Books
- Inaugural Shining Hope Farms Service Award for Volunteerism