Fun Horse Show at Shining Hope Farms
Shining Hope Farms is proud to announce our 2018 Fun Horse Show!
Location: 3701 Kidd Lane, Charlotte, NC 28216 | Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018 | Start time: 8:00am (Schedule below)
Register by April 21 – Click Here to Register (The show will be limited to the first 30 registered riders!)
Ribbons 1-6, Show Champion & Reserve
Combined Test: $40.00/division
Join us on Saturday, May 5, 2018 for our open horse show beginning at 8:00 am.
Admission is free for spectators!
Lunch will be available for purchase: Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chips & Slaw. CASH ONLY
FACILITY OPENS AT 7AM
Dressage/Combined Test Start at 8:00am
- USDF 2015 Intro Test A
- UDSF 2015 Intro Test B
- USDF 2015 Intro Test C
- USEF 2015 Training Level 1
- USEF 2015 Training Level 2
- USEF 2015 Training Level 3
- We Have Just Begun CT -18” Crossrail/Cavaletti w/ USDF 2015 Intro Test A
- Green Bean CT – 2’ w/ USDF 2015 Intro Test C
- Maiden CT – 2’3” w/ USEA 2014 Beginner Novice Test A
- Beginner Novice CT – 2’6 w/ 2014 USEA 2014 Beginner Novice Test B
Hunter Division Starts at 11:00am
- 2’6” Hunter over Fences
- 2’6” Equitation over Fences
- 2’6” Open Hunter Hack
- 2’3” Equitation over Fences
- 2’3” Hunter over Fences
- 2’3” Open Hunter Hack
- 2’ Equitation over Fences
- 2’ Hunter over Fences
- 2’ Open Hunter Hack
- 18” Crossrail/Cavaletti Equitation over Fences (Trot or Canter)
- 18” Crossrail/Cavaletti Hunter over Fences (Trot or Canter)
- 18” Crossrail/Cavaletti Hunter Hack (Trot or Canter)
- Beginner Ground Pole Course (Trot-in)
- Beginner Ground Pole Course (Canter)
***15 minute break***
- Open Hunter Equitation on the Flat
- Open Hunter Pleasure on the Flat
- Beginner Walk/Trot/Canter Equitation on the Flat
- Beginner Walk/Trot Pleasure
- Beginner Walk/Trot Equitation
- Beginner Walk Only Equitation
- Assisted Walk/Trot Equitation
- Assisted Walk Equitation
- Lead Line w/ Trot option
- Open Showmanship
- Egg & Spoon Race
- Musical Cones
- Costume Class
First National Bank
Mountain Island Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, W. Kevin Monroe DDS, PA and Courtney S. Deskus DDS
The Worrell Network Office, Northwestern Mutual
Star Bright Pharmacy
Horne Heating & Air Conditioning
Clear Water Concepts
Stanton Enterprise Inc.
ASAP Graphix & Signs, Inc
Bluhawk Wealth Management
Couldwood Tire & Auto
Helen Adams Realty (Angie Godley Bright and Judy Godley)
Mountain Island Plumbing
Sports Page Food & Spirits
Food & beverages provided by:
Cooks Presbyterian Men of the Church
Horse Show Rules
- Negative Coggins Required with each entry.
- 6 ribbons per class. Show Grand Champion & Reserve will be awarded as well.
- NO refunds after closing date (April 21st) unless show management cancels due to weather conditions. FULL refund prior to closing date my be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dressage and Combines Test Rides Times will be EMAILED 3 DAYS PRIOR to show.
- Suitable boots are required of riders at all times.
- Riders must wear correctly fitted protective headgear at all times when mounted.
- Beginner classes are intended for new riders on school type horses. Riders who do not have show apparel are encouraged to wear dark pants and a white or light colored short or long sleeved shirt, tucked in. Long hair should be restrained.
- Beginner riders are ineligible for all other over fences classes exceeding 18″ in height except class.
- Beginner classes will be split if more than eight entries.
- Classes 13-26 horses/riders not to have shown over fences exceeding 2′ in height.
- Flat classes open to riders of all ages.
- Management reserves the right to split, combine or cancel classes if entries warrant.
- Fence heights are “not to exceed”.
- Good Sportsmanship required!
Make your impact today
Your contribution of time or funds to Shining Hope Farms will make a direct difference in the life of a child or adult with disabilities.