Volunteering at Shining Hope Farms
It is an extremely rewarding experience to work with our riders. Some individuals Volunteer to meet community service requirements for school, while others want gain horse experience, socialize with new-found friends, or simply for the fulfillment of helping others. No matter what volunteer activity you wish to pursue, Shining Hope Farms provides a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends, learn more about our program and horses, be active in the community and make an unforgettable difference in the lives of others.
Get Started Volunteering!
Individual Weekly Volunteers
The inspirational dedication and devotion of our Shining Hope Farms volunteers enable us to deliver our mission every day—and we are grateful for each and every one of our volunteers who selflessly offer their service to support our therapeutic riding program. Our program offers numerous ways that you can help.
Interested in learning more about volunteering or plugging into our volunteer opportunities? Submit your contact information, and we will let you know about the next Volunteer Orientation!
What can I do as a volunteer?
- Sessions – You can be an active part of our lesson or hippotherapy program and be ‘hands on’ with our courageous students as a side walker or horse leader.
- Stable Work – You can help us care for our hard working horses and our facility as a stable volunteer.
- Special Events – If special events are your forte, you can help us in the planning, preparation and execution of our fundraising events held throughout the year.
- All volunteers must have health insurance
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age
- Most volunteer opportunities are during normal business hours. Please contact us to inquire about our current schedule.
Community Service Group Workdays
Attention Church groups, Scouts, Corporate and community volunteers! Shining Hope Farms needs your assistance to further its mission of serving children and adults with special needs.
We usually have several activities for the group to be doing, depending on the needs of the programs and the nonprofit organization. For example, we need help with the following tasks: horse-care related activities, gardening type activities, building, fencing, and some general maintenance and cleaning of the facility. We try to allow our volunteers to assist in the activities that they enjoy.
Interested in having us host your group for a community service day at one of our farms? We would love to have you! Please below to read our work day FAQ and sign-up.
Make your impact today
Your contribution of time or funds to Shining Hope Farms will make a direct difference in the life of a child or adult with disabilities.